Because there are many factors that influence the cost of applying THERMAL Glass Coat it is very difficult to estimate costs without a ‘site visit’
Typically it would cost between $3000 – $4000 +gst to apply our insulating glass coating to all the windows in an average New Zealand 3 bedroom home.
Examples of the cost savings when comparing Thermal Glass Coat to Double Glazing and Window Film
Double Glazing is easy to compare. Window Film is tricky because there is a massive variance in type, quality, performance and cost. You can get high quality Window film with comparable performance to our Thermal Glass Coat, but it does cost a lot more, or you can get very cheap film that has very limited performance.
Every home or business is different, but here are some examples to give you an idea. These are pretty typical examples.
- South of Auckland, a couple were quoted $9,000 for 2 very large, high windows in their lounge to be Double Glazed. We did their whole house for $6,000. High performance Window Film would have cost around $11,000. The job took 2 days. After the 1st day, in the lounge we’d only done the 2 large, high windows.The next morning, the client said “that stuff is amazing, I turned the heat pump down 3 degrees last night, and you haven’t even coated the other windows in the lounge yet”.
- In Mt Wellington, a home owner of a 3 bedroom home got 3 Double Glazing quotes. The lowest was $19,000 and the highest was $45,000. Our price was $4,500. High performance Window Film quotes varied from $7,000 to $9,000.Soon after completion the owner reported … “I don’t use any heating during the day as it is no longer necessary.”
- In South Auckland, the owner of an older Lockwood home had a quote to retrofit double glazing of $19,300, High performance film quote was $6612, our quote was $3595.00… “The difference is amazing”
- In Takapuna a home renovated 10 years ago had single pane windows, the quote to retrofit double glazing $16931.00, the quote for Thermal Glass Coat was $5150.00… “We have noticed a huge difference already!”
- On Auckland’s Northshore, the quote for Magic Seal in a 5 bedroom home was $11,672.00 our price was $7762.00… 4 hours after application, I can notice a difference already sitting here at the table.
Things to consider other than price…
Retrofit Double Glazing
- There maybe access equipment costs to be added as well.
- It’s messy, stressful and disruptive to home life.
- Glass is incredibly heavy. Adding a second pane to many window frames is fraught with unforeseen problems. Damage, leaks, warping and bending can occur.
Window Insulation film
- The applicators have to leave visible join lines on large windows.
- Film is known to crack, peel and bubble.
- It’s known to have durability issues in hot environments and can even break windows.
- Low -E films can lower the temperature of the glass in winter, which can increase the incidence of condensation
Thermal Glass Coat
- We work on the inside, so usually, no access equipment is required (unless you have really high windows inside).
- Minimal disruption and mess.
- We use your existing glass, so there is no extra weight to cause damage and leaks to your window frames.
- Glass remains clear to see through.
- Doesn’t crack, bubble, peel or leave join lines.
- Can even be used on curved windows.
- 10 year Guarantee.